FUSION COMMUNITY TALKS
About Fusion Community Talks
Fusion Western Sydney hosts regular talks and seminars to further inspire and equip families. Our goal is to bring experts in their field of family life to the western Sydney, and make these events affordable to our local parents and carers. We have covered such topics as “Mental Health and Young People”, “Teens, Sex and Technology” and “Raising Boys with Steve Biddulph”.
Our Community Talks have concluded for 2017.
See details of our previous talks below, and stay in touch for updates on what you can expect in 2018.
Raising Resilient Teens
Life, Relationships and Their Online World.
A Talk by Collett Smart.
The teen years can be fun and exciting but new changes and challenges can also feel overwhelming. Come and hear leading expert in teen and family issues, Collett Smart share how we can support our teens to be their best selves
– Harness the resilience factors within our teenager
– Help teens reduce behaviours that feed anxiety and pessimistic thinking
– Facing mistakes – learn how continually rescuing teens makes them weaker
– Hear the latest research about ever merging ‘online/oine’ behaviours
– Talking to teens about developing resilience online
– Practical tips for parents to be “resilience coaches” at home
About Collett Smart
Collett Smart is a psychologist, teacher, lecturer and writer with more than 20 years experience working with children and families around the world. She appears regularly on national television and radio as an expert in teen and family issues and is a mum to three children aged 9, 14 and 16 years old.
7pm, Friday 27 October 2017
$10 per person.
Colyton High School, Carpenter St Colyton.
Enquiries: Phone (02) 8805 5971